How to sell images on Alamy
- 1 Why Alamy is the best place to sell your stock images
- 2 How do I get my images for sale on Alamy?
- 3 Guidelines for submitting images to Alamy
- 4 How do I send you my stock images?
- 5 How we check your images
- 6 Understanding stock image licensing
- 7 Model and property releases for stock images
- 8 Captions and tags for Alamy
- 9 When and how do I get paid for selling images
- 10 Additional revenue options from selling images
- 11 What should I shoot?
Additional revenue options from selling images
You have the option to make more money from your images under Additional revenue options in My Alamy.
Sell images though our global distribution network
We have a large network of specialist stock photo agencies who distribute your images in countries and regions that we don’t work with directly or where there’s a language barrier.
Opt in and you’ll get either 20% or 40% commission on the money we receive (after the distributor commission has been deducted) depending on what commission model you’re on. The commission split is different because there’s a third party involved.
Our distribution network brings in 15% of Alamy’s annual revenue so we definitely think it’s worth considering if you want to increase the potential for your images to make more money.
You can sign up to distribution at any time and you can choose the territories that you’d like to sign up for.
Sell your images under unique and novel schemes
Our sales teams are always looking for new ways to evolve our business, whether that’s with the next big idea or a tailored solution for a key client. The images in the novel use pool give our sales teams the freedom to explore these schemes, prototypes and trials, with a variety of price points and licenses. The commission split is the same as you would receive for a direct sale.