How to sell images on Alamy
- 1 Why Alamy is the best place to sell your stock images
- 2 How do I get my images for sale on Alamy?
- 3 Guidelines for submitting images to Alamy
- 4 How do I send you my stock images?
- 5 How we check your images
- 6 Understanding stock image licensing
- 7 Model and property releases for stock images
- 8 Captions and tags for Alamy
- 9 When and how do I get paid for selling images
- 10 Additional revenue options from selling images
- 11 What should I shoot?
How do I send you my stock images?
There are two ways you can upload your images:
- FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
- Alamy upload (our web-based online upload tool)
For images shot on mobile/cell phones it’s slightly different. We don’t accept them through Alamy but you can use our iPhone app Stockimo to get them up for sale on the Alamy site.
This is a quick and easy way to send us your images:
- You’ll need an FTP client, we recommend Filezilla, FirefTP, WinSCP, Cyberduck, or ClassicFTP
- Enter Alamy’s FTP details into your FTP Client:
- Host name: upload.alamy.com
- Login/username: Your Alamy email
- Port: 21
- Your password is the same as your Alamy login
- Drag your images to the relevant folder:
- Live News (news, sport, entertainment less than 24 hours old)
- Stock (if it’s your first submission only send 3 images)
- Archive stock (for all reportage and archival images)
- Vectors (for all vector files)
You can use our web-based online upload tool in My Alamy:
- Select Upload and then tick the box for your chosen upload route
- Choose JPEGs to upload (either browse files or drag and drop)
- Click Finish upload to submit your submission
Once you’ve successfully uploaded your images, they’ll begin to be processed by our Quality Control team.
We currently don’t accept mobile/cell phone stock photography through FTP or Alamy upload but photos taken on a mobile/cell phone can be uploaded via our iPhone app Stockimo.