Be part of our community of over 60,000 contributors and 110,000 buyers
Frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions


Q. When and how will I be paid?
A. We will pay you when your cleared balance is over $50. We make payments on the 1st working day of every month and it shouldn’t take any longer than 9 working days for you to see it in your account. We can pay you in USD, GBP or EUR via PayPal, Skrill or funds transfer. You can update how you get paid under the ‘Account Settings’ section of your Contributor Dashboard. See this handy guide on how to understand your Balance of Account page.

Q. What is a payment reminder reference?
A. A payment reminder is needed as once saved we only store your payment details on a secure offline server; so they’ll not be visible in your account. The reminder should help you remember what account you added. For example, ‘my current account’.

Q. Can you tell me what my payment details are?
A. For security reasons we don’t display your full bank details externally or internally. They’re only stored on a secure offline server which is why a payment reminder reference is important. If you want to check or amend then you’ll need to enter your payment details again.

Q. What is the difference between cleared and uncleared funds?
A. Cleared means we’ve been paid by the customer.  Because we show you sales as they happen you can also see sales we’re waiting to be paid for (uncleared). The time it takes for a sale to clear depends on the customer but it’s usually between 45 days and 3 months.

Q. I’m registered for VAT, what should I do?
A. If you’re registered for VAT in the UK you can enter your VAT details when you register for an account, or later in your Account Settings. We’ll email you a self billing invoice each time we pay you. If you’re not registered for VAT in the UK don’t worry about this, VAT won’t affect you.

Q. Do you provide tax forms e.g. 1099-MISC or W-8BEN?
A. We don’t provide any tax forms or require that you fill them out, it’s up to you to declare any earnings you make from us. If you’re not sure, we recommend you contact your local tax office.