The Standard, a restaurant complex on the Havnegade quay, Copenhagen. The building from 1937 was used by ferry services to Sweden and as custom house.

- Image ID: PH1FH2
Niels Quist / Alamy Stock Photo
Image ID : PH1FH2
Built 1937. The building style is functionalism and the original architect was Kristoffer Nyrop Varming, the building has later been restored. At a time it was nicknamed the pencil case. Has through the years besides the customs services and ferry services also housed several restaurants and a jazz venue, etc. Presently the building houses two restaurants almanak and STUD!O (started by Claus Meyer and partners).
Location: Havnegade 44, 1058 København, Denmark