The castellated entrance to the "Old" London Bridge (1209–1831) over the River Thames on the Southwark side. King Henry II commissioned a new stone bridge in place of the old, with a chapel at its centre dedicated to Becket as martyr. Building work began in 1176 and was finished by 1209 during the reign of King John; it took 33 years to complete. City of London, England

- Image ID: M988AD