The Black Friar is a Grade II listed public house on Queen Victoria Street in Blackfriars, London. It was built in about 1875 on the site of a former medieval Dominican friary, and then remodelled in about 1905 by the architect Herbert Fuller-Clark. Much of the internal decoration was done by the sculptors Frederick T. Callcott & Henry Poole. Blackfiars pub entrance.jpg The building was nearly demolished during a phase of redevelopment in the 1960s, until it was saved by a campaign spearheaded by poet Sir John Betjeman. It is on the Campaign for Real Ale's National Inventory of Historic Pub Interiors.