The base of an ornamental lamp standard that was preserved from the 1905 Exe Bridge. It was cast by Macfarlanes of Glasgow.

- Image ID: MN8D2M
Douglas Lander / Alamy Stock Photo
Image ID: MN8D2M
On each side of the river at this point, is a lamp standard that was taken from the six that were located on the 1905 Exe bridge. They were cast by Macfarlanes of Glasgow. The lamp standards were removed from the old Exe Bridge in 1973, and these two painted in the city's official colours and installed on the quayside in 1983.
Location: Exeter Quay, Exeter, Devon, England, UK, Europe