The timber roof over Number 3 Slip Cover at Chatham Dockyard was built in 1838. The linked truss structure and was originally covered in Tarred Paper, which was quickly replaced with a zinc roof. The slip was backfilled around 1900 and a steel mezzanine floor was added. It became a store house for ships boats. Today it forms part of the Historic Dockyard display.