The wooden churches of the Chiloé Archipelago in the Los Lagos Region, Region X, Chiloe Province, Chile are examples of the Chilota style of architecture. Unlike classical Spanish colonial stone architecture, the churches of Chiloé are made entirely in native timber with extensive use of wood shingles. The churches were built from native materials to resist Chiloé Archipelago's humid and rainy oceanic climate. Built in the 18th and 19th centuries when the Chiloé Archipelago was still a possession of Spain, the churches are a mix of European Jesuit culture and local native skills and traditions. They are an excellent example of mestizo culture. Sixteen of the churches of Chiloé were designated UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 2000. The Church of San Francisco, Iglesia de San Francisco, located on one side of the Plaza de Armas of Castro, Chile, is the main Catholic church of Chiloé’s capital. It is 52m long and 27m wide. The dome above the church's presbytery is 32m high and the towers are 42m tall. The church is also known as the Iglesia Apóstol Santiago or St James Church. The church was declared a Chilean National Monument in 1979. Unlike the other churches of Chiloé, the Church of San Francisco is Neo-Gothic style. In the structure, the carpenters used wood from the area, however the facade, roof and exterior lining are covered with sheets of galvanized iron. The facade is often painted with bright colors. It was rebuilt from 1910-1912 Inside the church is an image of the Archangel Michael victorious over Satan.