The London Stone set in the front of a building in Cannon Street. SEE DETAILS IN DESCRIPTION.

- Image ID: FNKNPX
UrbanImages / Alamy Stock Photo
Image ID: FNKNPX
The plaque on top (visible but not legible in photograph) reads: 'LONDON STONE / This is a fragment of the original piece of limestone once / securely fixed in the ground now fronting Cannon Street Station. / Removed in 1742 to the north side of the street, in 1798 / it was built into the south wall of the Church of St Swithun London Stone / which stood here until demolished in 1962. / Its origin and purpose are unknown but in 1188 there was a / reference to Henry, son of Eylwin de Londenstane subsequently Lord Mayor / of London.'
Location: Cannon Street, London, UK