The Kolomna Kremlin was built between 1525-1531 by the order of Vasily III to imitate the Moscow Kremlin and was equal to it both in size and beauty. On the territory of the Kolomna Kremlin there are the Dormition Cathedral (17th century), Tikhvinsky Cathedral, built in pseudo-Russian style, as well as the Novo-Golutvin and Brusensky monasteries, the Trinity Church, the Cross Cathedral and other historic buildings. Kolomna Kremlin is surrounded by a brick wall, which was erected by the orders of Vasily III. Previously, it had 17 towers, of which 4 had gates. Only 6 towers and 1 gate survived; the Pyatnitsky Gate, which once served as the main entrance to the city. The names of most towers of the The Kolomna Kremlin coincide with Moscow's. For example, it also has the Faceted Tower, so named because of its shape – rectangular from the inside, hexagonal on the outside. Now it is the Museum of Ancient Russian Martial Arts. In the center of the Kremlin there is the five-domed Dormition Cathedral rebuilt in 1672-1682 on the site of the former white stone building of Dmitry Donskoy’s time. To the north of the cathedral there is a small Church of Resurrection. Earlier, it was connected with the palace. According to legend Dmitry Donskoy and Princess Eudoxia were married there. Brusensky monastery is no less interesting. It is the place of the revered Kazan icon of Our Lady, which, according to legend, is one of the direct copies of the miraculous Kazan icon. The monastery was founded around the tent-roofed church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, built in the 16th century by the orders of Ivan the Terrible to mark the capture of Kazan. Particularly attractive for tourists is the so-called Marinkina Tower. This is the tallest tower in Kolomna. Its height is 31 meters, the diameter - about 13 meters. It used to be the watchtower. Folk legend has it that the wife of False Dmitry II, Marina Mnishek, was held prisoner here. Allegedly, she hid great treasures there.