This monument is the work of the celebrated Maltese sculptor Antonio Sciortino. It was inaugurated on the 8th May 1927.
This bronze monument has a marble base and commemorates the Great Siege of 1565. The allegorical classical figures represent Fortitude as a bold male, with a bare torso and the lower parts clad in armour as a god of war. On either
side of Fortitude are two female figures, Faith and Hope.