Stalybridge railway station serves Stalybridge, Greater Manchester. It lies on the Huddersfield Line, 7½ miles (12 km) east of Manchester Piccadilly and 8¼ miles (13 km) east of Manchester Victoria. The station is managed by First TransPennine Express.
Stalybridge station was built by the Sheffield, Ashton-under-Lyne and Manchester Railway and opened on 23 December 1845. There was a Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway station adjacent but this closed in 1917. The main function of the station was as a junction for the Stockport-Stalybridge Line, which allowed passengers from London and the South to transfer to the Huddersfield Line. This role has been lost since it is now possible for passengers to change at Manchester Piccadilly station. The Micklehurst Loop also diverged from the original 1849 Huddersfield & Manchester main line here - it was closed in 1966, but the disused tunnel it used to pass below the town's northern suburbs can be seen alongside the original one that is still used today by trains heading to and from Yorkshire.