Research and Development Laboratories, Quasi-Arc Company Ltd., Bilston, 1954.

- Image ID: CFJ3JH
Image ID : CFJ3JH
Research and Development Laboratories, Quasi-Arc Company Ltd., Bilston, 1954. Founded as 'Quasi-Arc' in London in 1911, the company started in Bilston in 1939 under the name 'Ferro-Arc'. It made welding equipment including welding rods, gloves and goggles. During the Second World War (1939-1945), welding electrodes were produced for the D-Day bridges and other war time military projects. In 1967, the company was taken over by the British Oxygen Company (BOC), and was subsequently called BOC/Quasi-Arc. The new Research and Development Laboratories were opened on 31 March, 1954, by Mr. J. S. Hutchinson, Chairman of the British Oxygen Group of Companies. [see LS/L07CHR/131 for features on the company in The Wolverhampton Chronicle (3 Jun, 23 Sep)]
Location: Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, West Midlands,England, UK