The Radcliffe Camera in Radcliffe Square at Oxford in England. It was designed by James Gibbs in the English Palladian style and built in 1737–1749 to house the Radcliffe Science Library. It is the earliest example in England of a circular library. The opening ceremony took place on 13 April 1749. It now holds books from the English, history, and theology collections, mostly secondary sources found on Undergraduate and Graduate reading lists. There is space for around 600,000 books in rooms beneath Radcliffe Square. To the right is All Souls College and on the left is Brasenose College.