Millennium Stained Glass Window, St Marys Ardley, Oxfordshire, England, United Kingdom

- Image ID: ECW525
Tony Smith / Alamy Stock Photo
Image ID: ECW525
The Church of England parish church of Saint Mary dates from at least 1074. The original church was demolished and completely rebuilt, but both the chancel and the bell tower of the present building contain small amounts of re-used Norman stonework. The present Early English Gothic chancel was built late in the 12th or early in the 13th century. The tower has a saddleback roof and may have been built in the 13th or 14th century. The present nave was built in 1793 and has a west gallery that was added in 1834. St. Mary's is now part of the Cherwell Valley Benefice along with five other ecclesiastical parishes: Fritwell, Lower Heyford, Somerton, Souldern and Upper Heyford. Here is shown, middle window on south side of nave; built in 1792, blocked for many years and then restored with a new stained glass window early in the 21st century.
Location: Ardley with Fewcott civil parish in Oxfordshire, England, UK