Manchester, England, has been served since 1911 by the following airfields:
Trafford Park Aerodrome, in operation 1911-18, owned by a company. Now built-over.
Alexandra Park Aerodrome, in operation 1918-24, built on land owned by the Egerton Estate between Didsbury and Chorlton-cum-Hardy. Now playing fields and built-over.
Woodford Aerodrome, owned by A.V.Roe in NE Cheshire, from 1924.
Wythenshawe Aerodrome, the first municipally-owned airport at Manchester, 1929-1930. Now built-over.
City Airport Manchester originally and still known as Barton Aerodrome, from January 1930.
Manchester Airport, formerly known as Ringway
From 1958 to late 1962, Terminal 1 was built: this was the first of the airport's modern large terminals and the first major public building north of Yewtree Lane.