Front view of Clement Park House owned by Dundee`s Jute Baron James Cox in the 1800`s

- Image ID: BP4NWW
Dundee Photographics / Alamy Stock Photo
Image ID: BP4NWW
Dundee's largest surviving jute baron's mansion is to be redeveloped into new homes in a £6m project. Building work on Clement Park House, which belonged to famous mill owner James Cox, started in 1854 and was completed in about 1862.Clement Park House, which is just off Clement Park Place in Lochee, was named after James Cox's wife Clementina.The house is listed and therefore we will retain all the features of interest - the cornices, the windows, there's etched glass, there's a marvelous staircase.The property was later used as a maternity hospital, a children's home and a homeless refuge, but is currently empty. Buddon Homes plans 10 flats, with 23 new-build homes in the grounds.The property has been renovated into housing accommodation now
Location: Dundee Lochee Angus Tayside Scotland United Kingdom