“Notre Dame de Paris”, also known as “Notre Dame Cathedral”, is on the eastern half of the Île de la Cité, in the fourth arrondissement of Paris. It is widely considered to be one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture.
The first stone of this great place of worship was laid by Pope Alexander III in 1163 AD but the building wasn’t finally completed until 1345.
The Portal of Saint Anne is on the West Front façade of the cathedral, on the right, and was the first of the three portals to be installed, around 1200 AD. These statues are positioned to the left of the great wooden portal doors and are 19th century restorations made by the workshop of Viollet-le-Duc. The originals were destroyed in1793 in the aftermath of the French Revolution.
They represent a king, the Queen of Sheba, King Solomon and saint Peter.