Caversham Lock is a lock and main weir on the River Thames in England at Reading, Berkshire. Both structures connect to De Bohun Island, a long island. The original lock was built by the Thames Navigation Commissioners in 1778. Additional sluices north of verdant View Island and multiple home Heron Island form the whole weir complex. A footbridge passes over all three islands to connect Lower Caversham to Reading via an alternative route than George Street and Reading Bridge.