Car 43 at the end of track at the Fox River Trolley Museum in South Elgin, Illinois. The car, one of 50 formerly used by the CTA in Chicago. The equipment is unusual in that the series were all single-car units used by the CTA that purchased and used only multi-car equipment. The car was built in 1959 by the St. Louis Car Company from materials recycled from old streetcars. Only a few of the original units survive at museums. The Fox River Trolley Museum near Chicago has three such units.