The Phoenix Shot Tower, also known as the Old Baltimore Shot Tower, is a red brick shot tower, 234.25 feet (71.40 m) tall, located near the downtown, Jonestown (also known later as Old Town), and Little Italy communities of EastBaltimore, Maryland. When it was completed in 1828 it was the tallest structure in the United States. The tower was originally known as the Phoenix Shot Tower, then the Merchants' Shot Tower, and now is called the Old Baltimore Shot Tower. It was designated a National Historic Landmark on November 11, 1971.
The Shot Tower lends its name to the nearby Shot Tower/Market Place station on the Baltimore Metro Subway northwest line constructed in the early 1980s with a separate spur line to the northeast built a decade later.