San'en-zan Kodo-in Zojoji (Zojoji Temple). Founded in 1393 as an orthodox and fundamental nembutsu seminary for Jodo shu (Pure Land Sect of Buddhism) in the Kanto region (East Japan). Relocated to the present site in 1598 by Ieyasu Tokugawa (founder of Tokugawa Shogunate) after the establishment of his provincial gorvernment in Edo (present-day Tokyo). Tokyo tower on back. Minato-ku district. Tokyo. Japan.