. Rheims and the battles for its possession . REMOVING THE STATUE OF JOAN-OF-ARCIN MAY, 1918 Place du Parvis The Place du Parvis (photo below) is in front of the main fagade of theCathedral. The shells made enormous craters there. In the centre of the square stands an equestrian statue of Joan-of-Arc,by Paul Dubois, of which there is a replica in the Place St. Augustin in Paris.It was removed in May, 1918, by the Historical Monuments Department (photoabove).. THE PLACE DU PARVIS On the right: The Law Courts. In the centre: The Theatre. On the left: The Grand Hotel. In centre of Square: Statue

- Image ID: 2CJ4JTW
. Rheims and the battles for its possession . REMOVING THE STATUE OF JOAN-OF-ARCIN MAY, 1918 Place du Parvis The Place du Parvis (photo below) is in front of the main fagade of theCathedral. The shells made enormous craters there. In the centre of the square stands an equestrian statue of Joan-of-Arc,by Paul Dubois, of which there is a replica in the Place St. Augustin in Paris.It was removed in May, 1918, by the Historical Monuments Department (photoabove).. THE PLACE DU PARVIS On the right: The Law Courts. In the centre: The Theatre. On the left: The Grand Hotel. In centre of Square: Statue Stock Photo
Enlarge
https://www.alamy.com/licenses-and-pricing/?v=1 https://www.alamy.com/rheims-and-the-battles-for-its-possession-removing-the-statue-of-joan-of-arcin-may-1918-place-du-parvis-the-place-du-parvis-photo-below-is-in-front-of-the-main-fagade-of-thecathedral-the-shells-made-enormous-craters-there-in-the-centre-of-the-square-stands-an-equestrian-statue-of-joan-of-arcby-paul-dubois-of-which-there-is-a-replica-in-the-place-st-augustin-in-parisit-was-removed-in-may-1918-by-the-historical-monuments-department-photoabove-the-place-du-parvis-on-the-right-the-law-courts-in-the-centre-the-theatre-on-the-left-the-grand-hotel-in-centre-of-square-statue-image372584153.html
. Rheims and the battles for its possession . REMOVING THE STATUE OF JOAN-OF-ARCIN MAY, 1918 Place du Parvis The Place du Parvis (photo below) is in front of the main fagade of theCathedral. The shells made enormous craters there. In the centre of the square stands an equestrian statue of Joan-of-Arc,by Paul Dubois, of which there is a replica in the Place St. Augustin in Paris.It was removed in May, 1918, by the Historical Monuments Department (photoabove).. THE PLACE DU PARVIS On the right: The Law Courts. In the centre: The Theatre. On the left: The Grand Hotel. In centre of Square: Statue
Reading Room 2020 / Alamy Stock Photo
Image ID: 2CJ4JTW
This image is a public domain image, which means either that copyright has expired in the image or the copyright holder has waived their copyright. Alamy charges you a fee for access to the high resolution copy of the image.
. Rheims and the battles for its possession . REMOVING THE STATUE OF JOAN-OF-ARCIN MAY, 1918 Place du Parvis The Place du Parvis (photo below) is in front of the main fagade of theCathedral. The shells made enormous craters there. In the centre of the square stands an equestrian statue of Joan-of-Arc,by Paul Dubois, of which there is a replica in the Place St. Augustin in Paris.It was removed in May, 1918, by the Historical Monuments Department (photoabove).. THE PLACE DU PARVIS On the right: The Law Courts. In the centre: The Theatre. On the left: The Grand Hotel. In centre of Square: Statue of Joan-of-Arc. 63 Looking towards the Cathedral, thetourist will see on the right the ruinsof the Hotel du Lion dOr and of theHotel de la Maison Rouge. The latter was completely destroyed.Above the door was the inscription :In the year 1429, at the consecration ofCharles VII., in this hostelry—then calledthe Striped Ass—the father andmother of Jeanne dArcq were lodged atthe expense of the Municipality. Inreality only the father of Joan-of-Arclodged there. It was at the Hotel du Lion dOr{photo opposite) and at the Grand Hotel(No. 4 in the Rue Libergier, which opensout in front of the statue of Joan-of-Arc Ithat the Field-Marshal French stayedin August, 1914, and later General vonZuchow, commanding the Saxon troopswhich entered Rheims on September 4,1914. On the right of the Cathedral arethe ruins of the Archbishops Palace(see plan, p. 33). A gener