Märkisches Museum U-Bahn.Underground railway station serving the U 2 Line In Mitte,Berlin.
The station, originally called Inselbrücke, opened on 1 July 1913 on the eastern continuation of Berlin's second U-Bahn line from Spittelmarkt to Alexanderplatz. It was renamed after the nearby Märkisches Museum in 1935. The station was designed by Architect Alfred Grenander with a vaulted hall and central platform.
The twelve mosaic maps on the wall by artist, Jo Does, depict the history of the twin towns of Berlin and Cölln from 1237 to 1987. In between the maps are reliefs by artists Karl-Heinz Schäfer and Ulrich Jörke. Each relief refers to the time period of the adjacent map. The historic station decorations were commissioned by the GDR Government in 1987-8 as part of the 750th anniversary of Berlin events