Monastery ruins Boitzenburg. Ruin of Cistercian monastery destroyed in Thirty Years War in 1637 in nature reserve. Now a protected listed building in Uckermark, Brandenburg, Germany.
The monastery and surrounding land was donated in 1271 by the Margraves John II, Otto IV and Konrad of Brandenburg. The monastery was secularized in 1536 during the reformation but the building remained. In 1538, the landowner of the Uckermark, Hans von Arnim, received the convent property as a fief and granted the remaining nuns housing for life. Boitzenburg remained in the possession of the von Arnim family until 1945. The convent was destroyed in 1637 by Danish troops and not rebuilt. The ruin is now a protected monument and tourist attraction