Spiral and hole = Spirole. One of my favourite fractal shapes

- Image ID: B1E3D7
James Oakley / Alamy Stock Photo
Image ID: B1E3D7
I love these areas of the Mandelbrot Set when I find them. On one side of the picture you have a spiral. On the other, there is a whirlpool type hole. So I call these fractals Spiroles. A made up word. But it describes it nicely.