The Rockwall Trail is located in Kootenay National Park and spans about 55.6 kilometres. True to its name, hikers will pass towering limestone cliffs that can reach almost 3,000 feet from their base. Hikers along this trail won’t get tired of the stunning scenery, the wildflower meadows or larch forests, and as if that wasn’t enough, Rockwall Trail will take you past Helmet Falls – one of the highest waterfalls in the Canadian Rockies at 1,154 feet
The Rockwall Trail is easy to follow, especially during the summer months when all the snow is gone. Junctions with other trails and campgrounds are well marked.
Following are the sections of Rockwall Trail:
1) Paint Pots Trailhead to Helmet Falls Campground, about 14.7 kilometres.
2) Helmet Falls Campground to Tumbling Creek Campground, about 12.5 kilometres.
3) Tumbling Creek Campground to Numa Creek Campground, about 7.7 kilometres.
4) Numa Creek Campground to Floe Lake Campground, about 10 kilometres.
5) Floe Lake Campground to Floe Lake Trailhead, about 10.7 kilometres.