Auguste-Nicolas Cain's "Bengal Tigress" (also known as "Tigress and Cubs," "Tigress and Peacock", "Lioness" and the "Kennedy Monument"), stands atop a red granite pedestal designed by John Mossman and was unveiled in the park in 1867 — the same year in which a copy was donated to Central Park in New York City. Kelvingrove's version was the gift of a son of Glasgow, John Stewart Kennedy, who had immigrated to New York and made his fortune. Whilst on a visit to Paris in 1866, Kennedy visited Cain's studio and was so impressed by this work in progress (for the 1867 Paris Exhibition) that he ordered a copy for his native city and donated it to the Corporation. It is possible that Kennedy was one of the so-called “other citizens” who, along with the lead benefactor, famed telegraph inventor Samuel Morse, jointly sponsored the gift to Central Park. Today it sits, not on a tall pedestal but at ground level, in the Central Park Zoo. There is also a copy — perhaps Cain's original — in Les Jardins Tuileries in Paris.