--FILE--A pedestrian walks past an advertisement for Gome Electrical Appliances in Yichang, central Chinas Hubei province, 10 October 2013.
Chinese BestBuy Gome Electrical Appliances Holding Ltd called off its dual-brand online strategy, integrating its two e-commerce arms into one online platform: gome.com.cn. Gome, which is one of Chinas largest privately owned electrical appliance retailers, said in a statement on Sunday (1 December 2013) that the company has stopped using coo8.com, one of its two e-commerce platforms and has integrated all its online business into one platform. Gome said that a sole-brand strategy is better for the companys expansion in e-commerce and it is easier for the company to gain a reputation among consumers. All registered users of coo8.com will be directly transferred to gome.com.cn on logging in. Apart from running its own online platform, Gome spent 48 million yuan ($7.88 million) buying 80 percent shares of coo8.com at the end of 2010 in an aim to make its company stand out in an era of online transactions. It cost Gome another 12 million yuan to buy the remaining 20 percent of coo8.com shares in May 2012.