Alamy logo

. Electric railway journal . oup 1, 61per cent were earning less than 30 cents per hour, whilethe remaining 39 per cent were earning between 30cents and 46 cents per hour. Out of the total number September 29, 1917] ELECTRIC RAILWAY JOURNAL 571 of regular motormen employed on the elevated and sub-way lines 54 per cent were earning less than 36 centsper hour, and the remaining 46 per cent received be-tween 36 cents and 38 cents per hour. Sixty-seven per cent of the regular conductors on sur-face lines earn less than 30 cents per hour, with thehighest wage of the remainder reaching 41 cents perh

. Electric railway journal . oup 1, 61per cent were earning less than 30 cents per hour, whilethe remaining 39 per cent were earning between 30cents and 46 cents per hour. Out of the total number September 29, 1917] ELECTRIC RAILWAY JOURNAL 571 of regular motormen employed on the elevated and sub-way lines 54 per cent were earning less than 36 centsper hour, and the remaining 46 per cent received be-tween 36 cents and 38 cents per hour. Sixty-seven per cent of the regular conductors on sur-face lines earn less than 30 cents per hour, with thehighest wage of the remainder reaching 41 cents perh Stock Photo
Preview

Image details

Contributor:

Reading Room 2020 / Alamy Stock Photo

Image ID:

2CGWWGJ

File size:

7.1 MB (363 KB Compressed download)

Releases:

Model - no | Property - noDo I need a release?

Dimensions:

1297 x 1926 px | 22 x 32.6 cm | 8.6 x 12.8 inches | 150dpi

More information:

This image is a public domain image, which means either that copyright has expired in the image or the copyright holder has waived their copyright. Alamy charges you a fee for access to the high resolution copy of the image.

This image could have imperfections as it’s either historical or reportage.

. Electric railway journal . oup 1, 61per cent were earning less than 30 cents per hour, whilethe remaining 39 per cent were earning between 30cents and 46 cents per hour. Out of the total number September 29, 1917] ELECTRIC RAILWAY JOURNAL 571 of regular motormen employed on the elevated and sub-way lines 54 per cent were earning less than 36 centsper hour, and the remaining 46 per cent received be-tween 36 cents and 38 cents per hour. Sixty-seven per cent of the regular conductors on sur-face lines earn less than 30 cents per hour, with thehighest wage of the remainder reaching 41 cents perhour, while 70 per cent of those who serve on the ele-vated and subway lines were paid less than 27 centsper hour, with the highest wage of the remainder reach-ing 34 cents per hour. The variations in wage rates as disclosed by themass of statistical data contained in the report has beensummarized for the purposes of this review in Table I: Table [—Summary of Variations in Wages Shown bv Report Rate oi Wages (Cents)per Hour. 10 and under 11 13 and under 14 14 and under 15 15 and under 1 6 16 and under 1717and under IK18 and under 191!) and under 20 20 and under 21 21 and under 22 22 and under 23 23 and under 24 24 and under 25 25 and under 2ti2b and under 27 27 and under 28 28 and under 29 29 and under 30 30 and under 31 31 and under 32 32 and under 33 33 and under 34 34 and under 35 35 and under 36 36 and under 37 37 and under 38 38 and under 3940 and under 4143 and under 44 The basis for payment of the car crews in about 50per cent of the eighty-three cities was the actual timeworked each day calculated to the minute. Where thissystem was not in vogue, various aliquot parts of anhour were used to determine the wage, and under thelatter system two methods were employed; first, pay-ment to the nearest aliquot part; second, payment tothe next aliquot part. Approximately forty-two com-panies used the first aliquot part method, which, as canbe readily seen, is practically equaliz

Save up to 30% with our image packs

Pre-pay for multiple images and download on demand.

View discounts

Search stock photos by tags