How to sell Live News images on Alamy
- 1 Why Alamy is the best place to sell your Live News images
- 2 What images can I send to Alamy Live News?
- 3 Captions, headlines and dates for Live News images
- 4 How do I upload to the Alamy Live News Feed?
- 5 Quality Control for Live News
- 6 The legal guidelines for Live News images
- 7 When and how do I get paid for selling Live News images
The legal guidelines for Live News images
All images should be taken according to the law of the country they were taken. In the UK, images must be taken in line with IPSO (Independent Press Standards Organization) guidelines.
Here are the basic guidelines:
- Captions must be factual and not defamatory in any way
- Children subject to court proceedings shouldn’t be identified
- Victims of sexual offences shouldn’t be identified
- Images must be taken from a legal location (e.g. you shouldn’t have trespassed on private land to obtain the image)
If the requirements for Live News imagery aren’t met, then we might remove your access to the Live News Feed. In extreme circumstances where the law or rules set out by IPSO have been broken, your Alamy account will be closed, so make sure you’re familiar with all the requirements and rules before you upload.
Start selling your images today