How to sell Live News images on Alamy
- 1 Why Alamy is the best place to sell your Live News images
- 2 What images can I send to Alamy Live News?
- 3 Captions, headlines and dates for Live News images
- 4 How do I upload to the Alamy Live News Feed?
- 5 Quality Control for Live News
- 6 The legal guidelines for Live News images
- 7 When and how do I get paid for selling Live News images
How do I upload to the Alamy Live News Feed?
Firstly you’ll need an Alamy contributor account, so if you’re not already with us, sign up here (it should only take a couple of minutes).
We recommend using FTP as it’s a quick and easy way to send us your images.
- You’ll need an FTP client, we recommend Filezilla, FirefTP, WinSCP, Cyberduck, or ClassicFTP
- Enter Alamy’s FTP details into your FTP Client:
- Host name: newsupload.alamy.com
- Login/username: Your Alamy email
- Port: 21
- Your password is the same as your Alamy login
- Drag your images to the relevant folder within ‘Live_News’:
You can also use Alamy Upload (a web-based online upload tool). In My Alamy:
- Select Upload and then News upload
- Choose JPEGs to upload
- Select the right category:
- Click Upload
If you’re a Stockimo contributor you can upload both stock and news iPhoneography straight from your iPhone.
- Opt into StockimoNews in your account settings on the app
- Turn on your location services on your iPhone settings (this helps with producing the correct caption)
- Take a photo, or chose one from your camera roll (taken within 24 hours)
- When you upload, tap the Live News Feed photo button
To find out more about our iPhone app Stockimo see here.
For full details on the Alamy photo submissions guidelines see here.