The Tower of St Mary s Church Worplesdon Surrey framed by trees with union jack flying . Worplesdon Church dates from 1086 although little is original Norman and is mentioned in the Doomsday book . In 1292 the right of direction of income from the church or advowson was appointed to James de Cobham and remained in his family until 1693 when finally Eton obtained the property rights in an exchange for other property . Worplesdon Parish was at one time part of Windsor Great Forest during the reign of King John . The Old Rectory is now owned by Lord Elphinstone . The tower is built of heath stone probably before 1487 and has eight bells . The clock dates from 1874 clock tower church .