A visitor admires the towering outdoor artwork of famed sculptor Alexander Calder at the General Motors Technical Center in the Detroit suburb of Warren, Michigan, USA. Designed by internationally-renowned father and son architects, Eliel and Eero Saarinen, the modernistic GM Tech Center represented industrial America when it opened in 1956 with 25 buildings spread over a 320-acres (130 hectares). The widely-praised complex ushered in a new and novel architectural theme: the corporate campus, which hailed the arrival of corporations as centers of learning, scientific patronage, and power.

A visitor admires the towering outdoor artwork of famed sculptor Alexander Calder at the General Motors Technical Center in the Detroit suburb of Warren, Michigan, USA. Designed by internationally-renowned father and son architects, Eliel and Eero Saarinen, the modernistic GM Tech Center represented industrial America when it opened in 1956 with 25 buildings spread over a 320-acres (130 hectares). The widely-praised complex ushered in a new and novel architectural theme: the corporate campus, which hailed the arrival of corporations as centers of learning, scientific patronage, and power. Stock Photo
Preview

Image details

Contributor:

Michele and Tom Grimm / Alamy Stock Photo

Image ID:

2DAB8T2

File size:

39.3 MB (2.4 MB Compressed download)

Releases:

Model - no | Property - noDo I need a release?

Dimensions:

3000 x 4574 px | 25.4 x 38.7 cm | 10 x 15.2 inches | 300dpi

Date taken:

4 September 2017

Location:

GM Tech Center Road, Warren, Michigan, USA

More information:

This image could have imperfections as it’s either historical or reportage.

A visitor admires the towering outdoor artwork of famed sculptor Alexander Calder at the General Motors Technical Center in the Detroit suburb of Warren, Michigan, USA. Designed by internationally-renowned father and son architects, Eliel and Eero Saarinen, the modernistic GM Tech Center represented industrial America when it opened in 1956 with 25 buildings spread over a 320-acres (130 hectares). The widely-praised complex ushered in a new and novel architectural theme: the corporate campus, which hailed the arrival of corporations as centers of learning, scientific patronage, and power. Since this historic photograph was taken in 1967, GM has expanded the campus and given the center a face-lift that reflects the company's longtime leadership in the automotive industry with brands that include Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac.

Save up to 70% with our image packs

Pre-pay for multiple images and download on demand.

View discounts