- Job Title
- Analytics Specialist
- Contract type
- 36¼ per week (with flexibility to work from home)
- HQ is located at Milton Park, Oxfordshire
- £35 - £45,000 + Excellent benefits package
Alamy is an ecommerce business selling stock images. We’ve developed a fast and simple online experience for the millions of visitors to our site each month who are contributing, searching and licensing images.
We are faced with a fascinating, intellectually demanding challenge of understanding the behaviour of search engines, crawling and indexing and understanding customer behaviour on our site. We are looking for a bright person to help us meet this challenge.
This is a new and exciting opportunity to make a real impact on the success of the business and we’re looking for someone with the relevant skills and aptitude to rise to the challenge.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Providing insights through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Contributing to a culture of continuous innovation in how we use data, from analytical techniques through to application.
- Working with large, complex data sets, solving difficult, non-routine analysis problems and applying advanced analytical methods as required.
- Researching and developing novel methods of analysis.
- Using third party tools but also specifying tools to be developed in house.
- Interacting cross-functionally, working with a wide variety of people.
- developing and running experiments and related systems of measurement to test Search Engine and e-commerce hypotheses.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is educated to degree level and highly numerate
- Is able to work autonomously
- Has a strong passion for empirical research and for asking and answering hard questions with data
- Is able to communicate complex quantitative analysis
It’s an advantage (but not essential) to have:
- A post-graduate qualification, with analytical/mathematical specialism
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
What’s on Offer:
- £35 - £45,000, depending on experience
- Company Bonus Scheme, worth up to 10% of salary
- 25 days’ holiday, rising with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Option to buy and sell holidays to fit your lifestyle
- Contributory pension scheme, with up to a 5% contribution from Alamy
- Private Medical Insurance
- Group Income Protection Scheme
- Life Assurance @ 4 x salary
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
We want to create a business we can be proud of. To make this happen, we need brilliant people who are passionate and think differently. With a CEO and management team who make fast decisions, we have to be able to keep pace and evolve. At the heart of Alamy are a group of people who care about what we do and doing it really well. We’re always ready to adapt to new situations and challenges to ensure that Alamy continues to provide excellent service and a unique product. We’re ethical and have a lot of passion!
Want to know more and think you’d fit in – let us know by applying today.
Please upload your CV and a covering letter here by Monday 14th August 2017.