Exterior of the De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill on Sea East Sussex UK designed by Erich Mendelsohn and Serge Chermayeff in 1935


Commissioned by the 9th Earl De La Warr in 1935 and designed by architects Erich Mendelsohn and Serge Chermayeff, the De La Warr Pavilion was the UK‘s first public building built in the Modernist style. Pioneering in structure as it was in spirit, the purpose of this steel and concrete Pavilion was to provide accessible culture and leisure for the people of Bexhill and beyond and so regenerate the economy of the town and the surrounding area.
Location: De La Warr Pavilion, Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex, England, UK

Stock photos by the same contributor  View all