How to sell Live News images on Alamy
- 1 Why Alamy is the best place to sell your Live News images
- 2 What images can I send to Alamy Live News?
- 3 Captions, headlines and dates for Live News images
- 4 How do I upload to the Alamy Live News Feed?
- 5 Quality Control for Live News
- 6 The legal guidelines for Live News images
- 7 When and how do I get paid for selling Live News images
How do I upload to the Alamy Live News Feed?
Firstly you’ll need an Alamy contributor account, so if you’re not already with us, sign up here (it should only take a couple of minutes).
We recommend using FTP as it’s a quick and easy way to send us your images.
- You’ll need an FTP client, we recommend Filezilla, FirefTP, WinSCP, Cyberduck, or ClassicFTP
- Enter Alamy’s FTP details into your FTP Client:
- Host name: upload.alamy.com
- Login/username: Your Alamy email
- Port: 21
- Your password is the same as your Alamy login
- Drag your images to the relevant folder within ‘Live_News’:
You can also use Alamy Upload (a web-based online upload tool). In My Alamy:
- Select Upload and then News upload
- Choose JPEGs to upload
- Select the right category:
- Click Upload
If you’re a Stockimo contributor you can upload both stock and news iPhoneography straight from your iPhone.
- Opt into StockimoNews in your account settings on the app
- Turn on your location services on your iPhone settings (this helps with producing the correct caption)
- Take a photo, or chose one from your camera roll (taken within 24 hours)
- When you upload, tap the Live News Feed photo button
To find out more about our iPhone app Stockimo see here.