How to sell images on Alamy
- 1 Why Alamy is the best place to sell your stock images
- 2 How do I get my images for sale on Alamy?
- 3 Guidelines for submitting images to Alamy
- 4 How do I send you my stock images
- 5 Alamy Quality Control for Images
- 6 Understanding stock image licensing
- 7 Model and property releases for stock images
- 8 Captions and tags for Alamy
- 9 When and how do I get paid for selling images
- 10 Additional revenue options from selling images
How do I get my images for sale on Alamy?
It’s simple and you can get your images up for sale in less than 24 hours.
- If you haven’t already, sign up as an Alamy contributor, it only takes a couple of minutes
- Check you understand how to prepare your images for Alamy
- Choose how you want to send your images to us – online upload or FTP
- Once your images are uploaded, our Quality Control (QC) team will check them
- When they pass, they’ll be ready for you to add captions and tags (also known as keywords) in your account
- Once you’ve finished adding your tags, your images will be on sale the next day
Explore the other sections to find out more details about each of these steps.
Once you’ve registered, you’ll have an account called My Alamy. Here you can:
- Upload your images
- See the progress of your image submissions
- Add captions, tags and other details
- Track your sales
Picture agencies, archives and collections
As well as individual photographers, we also sell the images of over 600 other picture agencies. Alamy has the largest collection of picture agencies on one site, which helps to make us a brilliant resource for picture buyers.
If you work for a picture agency or have an archive or collection that you’d like to generate revenue from, get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you and chat about selling your images on Alamy.