How to sell images on Alamy
- 1 Why Alamy is the best place to sell your stock images
- 2 How do I get my images for sale on Alamy?
- 3 Guidelines for submitting images to Alamy
- 4 How do I send you my stock images
- 5 Alamy Quality Control for Images
- 6 Understanding stock image licensing
- 7 Model and property releases for stock images
- 8 Captions and tags for Alamy
- 9 When and how do I get paid for selling images
- 10 Additional revenue options from selling images
Alamy Quality Control for Images
We’ll accept any image from you as long as it’s free of any technical faults. It usually takes 24 hours for your images to clear Alamy Quality Control.
Images are used in a number of different ways – from small lo-res web use, to large hi-res for billboards, so it’s important that we quality check your images to make sure they meet the technical standards our customers need.
This PDF of our QC Failure Reasons can be useful if you’re new to Alamy.
For your first submission:
- We only need three images to check
- Each one of these images must pass QC
70% of first submissions pass first time. Don’t worry if you fail, we’ll send you an email to tell you why and you can have another go.
After your first submission has passed:
- Send us as many images as you like as often as you like
- We’ll just spot-check a few of your images per submission
- If the images we check are ok, your whole submission will pass
- If we find a problem with one image, your whole submission will fail
- You’ll receive a pass or fail email
Your QC rank
Stars indicate your rank with a QC based on your pass/fail history. Your upload privileges will be frozen for 10 days if you’re ranked 1 star (out of 3) and your submission fails QC.
Top tip: Check your images at 100% and make sure they meet our technical criteria before you upload.
If you’d like more information on Alamy Quality Control then take a look at some of the blogs from our QC Team.